use rsync 3.0.4

Daniel Maher dma+rsynclist at witbe.net
Wed Dec 10 09:33:35 GMT 2008

Jignesh Shah wrote:
> Hello Friends,
>
> We are using rsync 2.6 and planning to switch to rsync 3.0.4 latest
> version. Could anyone tell me how would I get latest rsync version
> executable for unix different platform like sparc, i86 and linux? Also
> how would I know what are the changes made in rsync2.6 to rsync3.0.4?

The Rsync maintainers do not officially supply pre-compiled binaires,
however the Rsync download page links to a number of suppliers who do :
http://samba.anu.edu.au/rsync/download.html

For a log of changes, you'll find the ChangeLog useful :
http://rsync.samba.org/ftp/rsync/ChangeLog.gz

--
Daniel Maher <dma+rsynclist AT witbe DOT net>