Feature I'd love to see: --move-dest

David Overton david at overtons.id.au
Mon Dec 8 22:34:53 GMT 2008

Hi,

I'm curious as to why you need a new option rather than just using
--link-dest.  Both --link-dest and --copy-dest already allow the "two
very common restor scenarios" that you mention and --link-dest uses
hardly any extra disk space than your --move-dest suggestion.  You
also get the added advantage that each previous backup continues to
look like a full "snapshot".

David