logging rsync transfers in processable format

Matt McCutchen matt at mattmccutchen.net
Sat Aug 30 17:03:48 GMT 2008

On Sat, 2008-08-30 at 18:25 +0200, Keld Jørn Simonsen wrote:
> For my rsync daemon, I would like it to log in a format that I could run
> some stats on, eg by webalizer that I use for http and ftp transfers.

You can customize the format with the "log format" daemon parameter (see
the rsyncd.conf(5) man page).  I don't know what format webalizer
expects, but it should be possible to produce that format using an
appropriate "log format" parameter, possibly in combination with sed.
Note also that rsync comes with a "support/rsyncstats" program that will
produce some statistics, but not necessarily the ones you want.

Matt