rsync and kerberos

Simo Sorce ssorce at redhat.com
Sat Aug 30 05:00:12 GMT 2008

Reading your patch, one quick comment.

It seem to me you define host/ in RSYNC_GSS_SERVICE, wouldn't it be
better to have an rsync specific service principal like:
rsync/full.host.name at REALM ?

The host principal should not be abused and it is good practice to have
your own service (and therefore a separate keytab/secret for separate
services).

HTTP, FTP, NFS, etc...  they all use their own service principal.

Simo.

On Sat, 2008-08-30 at 05:29 +0200, Bacchella Fabrice wrote:
> Indeed. Thanks for the type about git.
>
> The diffs against 3.0.3 & git :
>

> Le 30 août 08 à 01:02, Matt McCutchen a écrit :
>
> > On Fri, 2008-08-29 at 18:50 +0200, Bacchella Fabrice wrote:
> >> Still working on my gss patch.
> >
> > Please remember to attach the updated patch!
> >
> > To generate a single diff, you can "git add" the files you added/
> > changed
> > and then run "git diff HEAD".  You could also look into maintaining a
> > git repository containing your change on the Web.
> >
> > Matt
>
> --
Simo Sorce * Red Hat, Inc * New York