Problem using rsync for backing up on to a NAS

Thomas Ebert ThoEbert at gmx.net
Fri Aug 22 20:15:10 GMT 2008

Hi,

I have a problem that was already discused in the german archlinux forum
and couldn't be solved. Because of this I was asked to use the rsync
mailing list. So here I am ;b

I'm using the following script to backup my data to a Network Attached
Storage that has an ext3 formated hdd that is mounted via NFS

script: http://pastebin.com/f6b7115c9

This script works fine for /home but using it for /  always fails at the
folder /usr/share/terminfo

Here are three error messages: http://pastebin.com/f75703bda,
http://pastebin.com/f235bd2e5 and http://pastebin.com/f6ff5890a

I tried the same script on an USB-HDD and it works fine, even for /

Here are some information about the NFS config:

cat /proc/mounts | grep nfs: http://pastebin.com/f250c9f63 (I aslo tried
bigger rsize and wsize)

exportfs -v:
/volume1        192.168.0.13(rw,wdelay,no_root_squash,no_subtree_check)

cat /var/lib/nfs/etab:
/volume1
192.168.0.13(rw,sync,wdelay,hide,nocrossmnt,secure,no_root_squash,no_all_squash,no_subtree_check,secure_locks,acl,anonuid=65534,anongid=65534)

cat /var/lib/nfs/xtab:
/volume1
molungus(rw,sync,wdelay,hide,nocrossmnt,secure,no_root_squash,no_all_squash,no_subtree_check,secure_locks,acl,anonuid=65534,anongid=65534)

I already deleted everything and started a new backup but this also
failed after the first day.

I hope you can help me. If you need further informations please let me know.

Thanks

Thomas

P.S.: For those who speak German here you can find the thread in the
archlinux forum:
http://forum.archlinux.de/?page=Postings;id=20;thread=8597;post=0