Windows client

Stuart Halliday StuartH at ecs-tech.com
Thu Aug 14 12:20:42 GMT 2008

> On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 11:44 AM, Stuart Halliday wrote:
> >> and it has serious issues with
> >> uppercase letters in file & folder names, as well as with spaces,
> >> sometimes.
> >
> > It does?
>
> I had numerous problems with that.
>     rsync -av rsync://remote-location /cygdrive/c/Temp
> (not to mention "Documents and Settings") failed completely.

Odd.

I don't usually do remote to local. So I set one up to give it a try.

I find I can easily copy all files/folders with uppercase and with spaces.

I just did:

C:\cwrsync\bin\rsync -zav -P --delete user at myurl.dom::testingtemp/
/cygdrive/c/testtemp

It copied the remote XP folder within Rsync label testingtemp called "THIS
IS A SPACE FILLED UPPER CASE FOLDER" and its contents to my local PC.

I renamed various remote folders to upper case and put spaces in names
within this folder.

I also did the command

C:\cwrsync\bin\rsync -zav -P --delete
stuarth at home.longleat83.co.uk::testtemp/FRED/ /cygdrive/c/testtemp/FRED

All were copied 100%

I've never used the syntax :

"rsync -av rsync://remote/files /cygdrive/c/"

So maybe that is bugged?

P.S.
Please do not CC me with replies. It just clutters up my inbox with
duplicate email. Thanks.

--
Stuart Halliday

This email is the property of ECS Technology Ltd.
This company is registered in Scotland with company number 212513.
VAT registered GB 761 7456 12
http://www.ecs-tech.com/