Windows client

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 09:17:16 GMT 2008

On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 2:32 PM, Jason A. Nunnelley wrote:
> I know you guys hate questions like this, but has anyone had experience with
> a particular Windows client they would endorse?
>
> I need to sync some Windows boxen.  I'm just looking for someone to tell me
> they're using X and happy.

I took the following three files from cwrsync: cygiconv-2.dll,
cygwin1.dll, rsync.exe, and it works (almost) OK.

You need to set
    set CYGWIN=nontsec
else binaries don't work *at all*, and it has serious issues with
uppercase letters in file & folder names, as well as with spaces,
sometimes. You need to use /cygdrive/c/... instead of C: if you want
to use global paths, but well ... it serves our needs, at least
approximately. I doubt that any other client behaves much better in
that respect, and most hackers use unix, so windows support is laying
a bit behind.

Mojca