Transfer resource forks (-X -E) but not data?

Gian Spicuzza spicuzza at childrenmuseum.org
Sat Aug 9 16:58:15 GMT 2008

Hello,

Our hard drive crashed and we restored a backup under Mac 10.3.9.
Unfortunately we lost the executability of the files.  The icons do not
show up and we have to manually click "Open With" and choose Word/Excel/etc.

I have an old backup that has old data, but all of the executibility,
permissions, and resource forks are still preserved.  Is there anyway to
transfer the executibility and extended attributed (-XE) but not the old
data?

Thank you for any help, it is greatly appreciated!

~Gian