Lower-case filenames on receiver side

Marco Bridge marco.tijuana at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 20:07:22 GMT 2008

On 9 Apr, 2008, at 03:20 , Matt McCutchen wrote:
> I would suggest tinkering with the "shortname" mount option of the FAT
> partition and using the --ignore-case rsync option added by this
> patch:
> http://rsync.samba.org/ftp/rsync/patches/ignore-case.diff

I tried to patch but that alone does not seem to do it.
I should try the shortname mount option but at the moment
i'd rather not play with that machine's mounts...
OS X does not seem to offer that option so i can't try with
my external drive (FAT32 too).

Is the --ignore-case option going to be included at some point in the
future?

Thanks a lot for the help
Marco