--delete not working

Matt McCutchen hashproduct+rsync at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 12:43:46 GMT 2007

On 9/25/07, Sylvain Viart <sylvain.viart at easyrencontre.com> wrote:
>  Exactly what I've also found. See my post : Re: --delete not working  =>
> +filtering disable delete!

Indeed; I responded to your first post without noticing that you had
posted again.  I try to avoid doing that, but I'm not perfect.

> remove .svn folder on the deployment destination host.
> keep some other filter to not care file that may reside on the deployment
> host, but doesn't exist on the source. Which introduce conflict on the
> --delete and filtering rules. ex :
>
>  rsync -rtlv --filter='H .svn' --filter='P cache/**' --filter='P conf/**' \
>  --delete preprod/ rsync://remote-host/deploiement/preprod/

I don't understand this.  If it is something I need to understand,
please rewrite it more clearly.

> rules hide, show, protect, are not really documented.

Yes they are, in the list of "available rule prefixes" in the section
"FILTER RULES".

> The bug 3825 is marked as fixed since "Last modified: 2006-11-11 11:30:15
> CST."
>
> Why it's still bugged on rsync packaged version?

The bug has been fixed in the CVS rsync since that time, but there has
not been a release since then.

Matt