compression of source and target files

devzero at web.de devzero at web.de
Sun Sep 23 12:52:55 GMT 2007

oh, this is interesting patch - thanks for giving pointer.

i have tried it and it and it looks interesting, but somewhat incomplete.

i can transfer remote files to a local dir and they are being compressed on the
local side, but (quite logical) this breaks size/content-checking.

being also mentioned in the patch:

+Use of --dest-filter automatically enables --whole-file.
+If your filter does not output the same number of bytes that it