(CYGWIN) Rsync Stalling Upon first file transfer.

Lapo Luchini lapo at lapo.it
Fri Sep 14 17:11:23 GMT 2007

Matt McCutchen wrote:
> As far as I know, the problem has not been fixed.  Since you have a
> setup that hangs consistently, you could do an enormous favor for all
> rsync-on-Cygwin users if you brought up the problem again on the
> Cygwin list and worked with the Cygwin people to get it solved once
> and for all.  I would do it except that I don't use Cygwin.

As a package maintainer, I tried a few times (over the years) to track
this issue, but to no avail, mostly because I never could reproduce it
consistently, but partly for lack of time or even knowledge (I know
pretty much nothing of Windows internals, that's why I use Cygwin in the
first place)... and here's where the guilt kicks in hard :P

    Lapo