error in IPC Code (code 14) at main.c(669) [receiver=2.6.9cvs]

Suresh Kumar Pedamallu spedamallu at inmage.net
Tue Sep 11 10:41:48 GMT 2007

Hi,

I am using rsync 2.6.9 and recently I got a error with the setup. I
searched in the forums but I couldn't find much clues on this. Once I
restarted the rsync daemon and rerunning the job didn't gave any errors
further. I also tried to reproduce the issue for much details. But I
couldn't do that even after hours.

The rsync log says

opening tcp connection to 172.21.3.148 port 874

opening connection using --server --sender -vvulgtprxz --timeout=38400
--safe-links . job_27825

receiving file list ...

23 files to consider

rsync: pipe failed in do_recv: Too many open files (24)

rsync error: error in IPC code (code 14) at main.c(669)
[receiver=2.6.9cvs]

If anybody has already faced similar kind error let me know what was the
issue and how this has been suppressed.

Regards,

Suresh