3.0.0pre3: rfc-1149 speeds on 100 mbit lan

Erik Jan Tromp betageek at sympatico.ca
Sat Oct 27 23:58:41 GMT 2007

On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 22:15:03 -0700
Wayne Davison <wayned at samba.org> wrote:

> Yes, this is something I noticed just a little bit ago myself.  I've
> fixed the bug and am in the process of releasing pre4 now.  Sorry for
> the inconvenience.

pre4 is working fine for me. No worries about the inconvenience, btw, as I'm testing out of enlightened self interest. :)

For the pure humour value, I let the 00:00 backups continue with pre3 to see how long they'd take. It's safe to say that 4 hours 52 minutes is slightly longer than usual - pre4 did the same set in just over 22 minutes.

Erik

--
"Failure is not an option. (It comes bundled with Windows.)"
"If at first you don't succeed, redefine success."