Rsync does not delete

chrischan at knebb.de chrischan at knebb.de
Sat Oct 20 08:09:17 GMT 2007

Hi!

I'm running rsync with rsnapshot and realized that files don't get deleted from the backup. So I checked the call from r my backup.

So I checked the call from rsnapshot and started rsync manually like this:
/usr/bin/rsync -azx --delete --numeric-ids --relative --delete-excluded --exclude=/srv/backup/* --rsh=/usr/bin/ssh root at mysql:/boot /srv/backup/daily.0/mysql_boot/

However, rsync won't delete file which have gone away from the senders' side.

Anyone an idea why?

rsync  version 2.6.9  protocol version 29

CentOS5 (both systems)