Files aren't copied into specified dest directory

Matt McCutchen hashproduct+rsync at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 12:23:39 GMT 2007

On 10/17/07, Alexander Skwar <listen at alexander.skwar.name> wrote:
> /opt/csw/bin/rsync --port=55873 -avPi winds06.win.ch.da.rtr::racebeta/xml \
>   winds06.win.ch.da.rtr::racebeta/xrfsharedresource \
>   /opt/apps/Teamcenter/Production/racebeta

> b) Why does rsync copy files to this directory in the first place? That's
> not what I want. I want all the files to be copied to
> /opt/apps/Teamcenter/Production/racebeta. Why does that not happen?

To pull multiple files from a remote host using rsync older than
3.0.0, you need to list the paths space-separated in a single
argument, like this:

rsync ... 'winds06.win.ch.da.rtr::racebeta/xml
racebeta/xrfsharedresource' /opt/apps/Teamcenter/Production/racebeta

When you used two separate arguments, rsync assumed that the first was
the source and the second was the (local) destination.

Matt