To inc_recurse or not to inc_recurse? [Re: 3.0.0pre2: bookend breakage (2 different errors)]

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Tue Oct 16 16:26:44 GMT 2007

On Tue, Oct 16, 2007 at 12:30:34AM -0400, Matt McCutchen wrote:
> In this situation, automatically disabling incremental recursion would
> be better than exiting with an error that really isn't the user's
> fault.

Yeah.  I hadn't wanted to add an extra round-trip delay that would be
required by a direct exchange of bytes.  After some more contemplation
I've come up with a good way to convey the inc_recurse decision back and
forth between the two sides without slowing things down.  And the latest
code does let the affected side make the determination of which options
are not support in incremental recursive mode.