[feature request] Modify --backup option to make backups on source side, too

Aaron Digulla digulla at hepe.com
Mon Oct 15 19:24:20 GMT 2007

Matt McCutchen schrieb:

> In the same way, I encourage you to test and
> begin using the source-backup patch now if it suits your needs; if you
> want the patch added to the main version, you can help make that more
> likely by improving it.

Thanks. I'll try to convince my bosses to see this as "payment" for
using rsync :-) I just hope I can find a simple way to build rsync on
Windows ... I guess I'll try with Cygwin since I already have that
installed and I could build GhostPCL with it. Or do you recommend
something else?

This is for a production system which goes online Q1 2008. Should I use
the latest stable version of rsync (2.6.9) or will there be a release of
3.0 until then?

PS: Thanks for the new incremental-recursion algorithm. That one has
bugged me for a long time! Syncing 150GB of build directories sure spent
a loooong time in the scanning stage :-)

Best regards,

http://www.pdark.de/