[feature request] Modify --backup option to make backups on source side, too

Aaron Digulla digulla at hepe.com
Mon Oct 15 07:40:13 GMT 2007

Hello,

Can you please modify the backup options to work together with
--remove-source-files so I'm able to create a reliable "move between
hosts" script?

If --backup is specified, the files to be deleted should be renamed on
the source side. If --backup-dir is specified, they should be moved
there, etc.

If this already works, please update the documentation accordingly :-)

Thanks a lot,

http://www.pdark.de/