rsync parts of linux kernel

Paul Slootman paul+rsync at wurtel.net
Sat Oct 13 12:28:01 GMT 2007

On Sat 13 Oct 2007, Chris Cohen wrote:

> i want to set up a linux kernel mirror for our 43 devs, but am running into
> problems with some filter rules. I don't want to mirror the entire kernel
> tree (running out of space on our local mirror :( ), but only the major
> release (eg linux-2.6.22.tar.bz2) and the patches (eg
> patch-2.6.22.1.tar.bz2).
> I've tried serveral combinations of include/exclude and/or filter rules like:
> + linux-2.6.[0-9].tar.bz2
> + patch-2.6.[0-9].bz2
> - *
> But this does for sure only mirror til linux-2.6.9.tar.bz2. A simple *
> wildcare doesn't fit my needs either :(

How about the simple fix of adding two more lines:

+ linux-2.6.[1-9][0-9].tar.bz2
+ patch-2.6.[1-9][0-9].bz2

And if you want your example of patch-2.6.22.1.tar.bz2 you also need:

+ patch-2.6.[0-9].[1-9].bz2
+ patch-2.6.[1-9][0-9].[1-9].bz2

etc.

That should help until Linus starts releasing 2.6.100 :)

Perhaps you should think about what it is you *don't* want.
Do you mean you don't want linux-2.6.22.1.tar.bz2 etc.?
Then perhaps:

- linux-2.6.*.gz
- linux-2.6.[0-9].[0-9].tar.*
- linux-2.6.[1-9][0-9].[0-9].tar.*
+ linux-2.6.*.bz2
- patch-2.6.*.gz
+ patch-2.6.*.bz2
- *

Completely untested, I always have to test these things, but you get the
idea I hope.

Paul Slootman