Rsync 3.0.0pre1 released

Matt McCutchen hashproduct+rsync at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 04:05:04 GMT 2007

On 10/4/07, Wayne Davison <wayned at samba.org> wrote:
> I've just released rsync 3.0.0pre1, the first pre-release version for
> the upcoming 3.0.0 release.

Hooray!  I have built an RPM of rsync 3.0.0pre1 and posted it here:

http://mattmccutchen.net/rsync/#rsync-packages

This pre-release has finally given me the impetus to install and start
using rsync 3.0.0* for everyday tasks, so I hope I will catch any
bugs.

Wayne, regarding the link on http://rsync.samba.org/download.html : I
plan to continue to provide RPMs of release and pre-release versions
of rsync, but of course they won't be "RPMs patched with ACL support"
any more.  Also, it would be nice if you updated the link to point to
the URL above because the old URL will stop working sometime next
year.

Matt