reducing file list bytes transferred

Peter Salameh psalameh at ucsd.edu
Tue Oct 2 21:04:53 GMT 2007

I agree that rsync being stateless is a good thing.  I have found it very
reliable and predictable for years.  I certainly wouldn't change to unison
(which apparently is currently not maintained) just to speed up the file
list transfer.

Delta-transfer of the file list seems to make good sense for rsync,
especially for one-way backup involving lots of files.  Is there any
chance that this will happen, or any way to gauge interest in this?

Peter