newbie install question win to win, win to unix

Martin Tomko martin.tomko at geo.uzh.ch
Thu Nov 29 09:51:27 GMT 2007

Dear list,
I just started to play with rsync. It seems to provide an option to sync
with an ssh enabled file server (I think win). I have no root rights ono
the server, and I need to archive/sync with my win - based pc. The
client runs just fine, but the transfer fails:

Password:
rsync: mkdir "/home/myuserfolder/backup" failed: No such file or
directory (2)
rsync error: error in file IO (code 11) at main.c(529) [receiver=2.6.9]
rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (8 bytes received so far) [sender]
rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(453)
[sender=
2.6.9]

Do I need to do something on the server? It seems that some people put
some script on the server, but I am not sure whether that is the way to
go when I have no root privileges.

Thanks heaps in advance.
Martin