continusync issue

Matt McCutchen matt at mattmccutchen.net
Sat Nov 17 02:53:25 GMT 2007

Charles,

Are you preparing to use continusync for a real-world continuous
mirroring job?  I'm afraid this may be an exercise in frustration unless
you have a lot of time on your hands to fill in the gaps in its
implementation.  Instead, you might like to use Darryl Dixon's
continuous mirroring setup based on pyinotify, which I believe is
considerably more mature than continusync:

http://lists.samba.org/archive/rsync/2007-August/018329.html

Ask him for a copy of the code.

Regards,
Matt