Diff problem

alex loutrbringa' castornightmare at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 15:37:46 GMT 2007

Hi everybody,

Until know i synchronized a few directories full of binaries with
"--checksum" options, it took each time a lot
of time since rsync "mdsum" each file contained in my directories.
Then I decided to skip "--checksum" option to let rsync work only of files
size and files mtime and speed up the process but when i launch
a dry-run : rsync wants to resynchronize a lot of my files.
I don't understand because my 2 remote directories are already exactly the
same (same files which have same sizes and same mtime).

Where i'm wrong ?

Thanks very much for your help.