Rsync 3.0.0pre5 released
wayned at samba.org
Fri Nov 9 05:24:09 GMT 2007
I've just released rsync 3.0.0pre5, the latest pre-release version of
the upcoming 3.0.0 release.
Things are progressing well in our efforts to stamp out bugs for the
final release. Please keep up the good work in testing this and sending
email to the rsync mailing list with your questions, comments, bug
reports, etc. Thanks!
You can download the tar file and its signature from here:
This version has the following fixes since pre4 was released:
- Output a "(DRY RUN)" suffix on the last line of the verbose
summary when in --dry-run mode.
- Fixed a problem with copying multiple mount-point directories
when --one-file-system was specified.
- The --copy-dest code makes it local-copy update to a temp file
when --inplace was not specified.
- Fixed a glitch when --copy-dest was combined with --dry-run.
- Made some improvements in the parsing of "untidy" paths in
- Fixed a potential hang when --hard-links mode was copying a
large directory structure with few (or no) files.
- Fixed a problem with -vvv (or greater) output causing an
inc-recursive run to terminate.
- Stopped password-file errors from making rsync output that a file
transfer was incomplete.
- Avoid hard-linking devices together if their preserved mtime differs.
- Replaced the lib/getaddrinfo.c code.
To see a full summary of the changes since 2.6.9, visit this link:
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: Digital signature
Url : http://lists.samba.org/archive/rsync/attachments/20071108/ed4d073c/attachment.bin
More information about the rsync