additional errors from 3.0.0pre4

Daniel Maher dma at witbe.net
Thu Nov 8 13:35:48 GMT 2007

Hello all,

While attempting to run an rsync backup of a remote server (the scenario
i posted about a few days ago, in fact), i am occasionally receiving the
following error:

rsync: writefd_unbuffered failed to write 8 bytes [receiver]: Broken
pipe (32)
rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(1501)
[receiver=3.0.0pre4]
_exit_cleanup(code=12, file=io.c, line=1501): about to call exit(12)

It appears to be reproducible, in that if i run the rsync again, it will
error out in the same place each time. :P  As before, i am running rsync
3.0.0pre4.matt, with the CVS 1.12 xattrs.c .

I am happy to supply any additional information that i can, and will
gladly do so (within my capacity) upon request.

Thank you, all.

--
dan.