Transport Performance / Protocol Overhead (remote shell vs daemon)
wsherman at apexelectriclv.com
Thu May 24 20:01:16 GMT 2007
Does anyone know how these rsync transport methods compare?:
1) Rsync to remote host via an ssh tunnel to an Rsync daemon
2) Rsync to remote host via ssh remote shell
- Is there a performance difference in throughput or latency?
- Which one has higher protocol overhead?
- Does it matter if we are sending files or receiving them?
- Any memory usage differences?
- Security implications? Is one more secure than another?
More information about the rsync