problem syncing files from embedded device to PC

Matt McCutchen hashproduct+rsync at gmail.com
Thu May 24 02:26:53 GMT 2007

On 5/22/07, Preeti Joshi <preetijoshi79 at gmail.com> wrote:
> rsync -trze DATA/* test at a.b.c.d:/home/test/DATA
>
> Any help on what's wrong with this?

I see one thing that looks wrong, but I don't know if it is causing
the out of memory.  You have an -e option, which requires an argument:
the name of the desired remote shell.  Thus, rsync interprets the next
thing on the command line (i.e., the first filename matched by DATA/*)
as the remote shell and tries to execute it.

I'm guessing you want to use the default remote shell (usually ssh),
in which case you don't need -e at all; try removing it.

Matt