Multiple sources/connection

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Fri May 18 14:51:19 GMT 2007

On Fri, May 18, 2007 at 12:42:23PM +0200, Bgs wrote:
> If I do a multiple file sync (for example rsync rsync://server/file1
> rsync://server/file1 /local/dest/dir), will rsync open one connection or
> as many as the source files are?

It will give you a syntax error because multiple remote args aren't
supported.  You could use this, though, for multiple files on a single
connection:

  rsync -av 'rsync://server/module/file1 module/file2' /local/dest/dir

As long as both the "module" names are the same.  See the ADVANCED USAGE
section of the rsync manpage for the other multi-file pull commands.