rsync --delete-existing needed

Erik Red erikred at hotmail.com
Sat May 5 21:18:29 GMT 2007

Hi,

I made the mistake of doing an rsync of a directory into the wrong
destination,
so that the destination became a mix of two directories of unrelated files.

Top unravel the mess, I could need something like a --delete-existing
option.

The semantics would be to delete at the destination ONLY those files that
exists at the
source.

I tried to concoct a combination of options that would do this, but without
success. I thought someone here might know the answer. Or would this be a
handy feature to add?

[One should of course use --dry-run and check the result before doing such
an operation.]

Erik