Status of --ignorcase option in main tree/build?

Fri May 4 19:27:18 GMT 2007

Wayne Davison wrote:
> On Wed, May 02, 2007 at 01:01:20PM -0400, Charles Marcus wrote:
>> I'm very interested in learning the status of the --ignorecase patch
>> being included in the main tree...
>
> My currently plan is to include that functionality in 3.0.0.  I've been
> improving the patch in recent weeks, and it will get incorporated fairly
> soon, I would imagine.

Good news!  Thanks for the reply...

That said - you said '3.0', and 'fairly soon'... does that mean that 3.0
will be the next major release? Can you give some rough idea of how long
this might be?

If not, I understand - it is difficult because sometimes people take a
guess as a promise... ;)

--

Best regards,

Charles