rsync api

Caleb Cushing xenoterracide at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 02:54:07 GMT 2007

does rsync have an api? (think I've read the answer in the archives and
that's yes)

where can I find documentation on the api? google thus far has been unable
to locate it for me and browsing around http://samba.anu.edu.au/rsync/

sorry if these seem like stupid questions. I'm a programming n00b, my
experience being "hello worlds", shell scripting (probably a moderate level
in bash), and basic C programming in college. I have an open source project
in mind to "cut my teeth on" and one of it's functions uses rsync. I'm going
to be writing my program in C as I need the speed of a compiled language.

any other help/advice/constructive criticism would be welcome
--
Caleb Cushing