Problem with shared xls file. Could it be blamed on rsync?

Tony Abernethy tony at servacorp.com
Fri Mar 16 10:48:39 GMT 2007

Before you trust this always-up-to-date, try it on some
relatively large files.
I suspect you get some nasty surprises.
The basic problem is that Windows writes the directory
entry and then sometime later writes the file contents.

If you only rsync files that are say at least 10 minutes
Old, you will probably get the correct contents.

Chances are high that you notice the problem on shared files.
Chances are high that the problem exists on all the files.