rsync failing after file list
gabem at rjbsys.com
Wed Mar 14 18:00:45 GMT 2007
I've taken on some rsync jobs created by someone else and below is a
description of the problem. It's pretty straight forward.
- both server and client and Windows 2003 servers
- there is no ssh between the 2 nodes
- the sync was working well up until recently
- there are no known changes that would cause the sync to stop working
- the job syncs files from a directory that contains database files, about
8GB (the DB is offline at the time of the proposed sync)
- The rsync client is able to connect to the rsync server and pull down a
file list (evident from my log)
- Once the file listing is complete, it does not continue with the actual
- The sync jobs were running fine until recently
The rsync server is offsite, but connected via VPN. As I mentioned, evident
from my logs, a file list is been made but does not continue with the sync.
These are the last lines taken from the rsync log. The same job was
attempted 3 times on the same day.
2007/03/14 01:45:57  forward name lookup for DSCMAIN011 failed: no
address associated with hostname.
2007/03/14 01:45:59  rsync on bom-bnk from unknown (10.2.0.4)
2007/03/14 01:46:06  rsync: writefd_unbuffered failed to write 4096
bytes: phase "send_file_entry" [sender]: Connection reset by peer (104)
2007/03/14 01:46:06  rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream
(code 12) at io.c(1099)
2007/03/14 01:48:14  name lookup failed for 10.2.0.5: temporary
failure in name resolution.
2007/03/14 01:48:16  rsync on bom-bnk from unknown (10.2.0.5)
2007/03/14 04:13:06  rsync: read error: Connection reset by peer (104)
2007/03/14 04:13:06  rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream
(code 12) at io.c(584)
2007/03/14 18:46:02  rsync error: received SIGUSR1 or SIGINT (code 20)
2007/03/14 18:51:30  rsyncd version 2.6.6 starting, listening on port
- DSCMAIN011 = rsync client
- bom-bnk = module on the server defined in rsyncd.conf
Any insight into the errors would be great!
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/rsync-failing-after-file-list-tf3403846.html#a9480026
Sent from the Samba - rsync mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
More information about the rsync