Feature-Request: --write-batch on destination not source

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Tue Mar 13 20:27:01 GMT 2007

On Tue, Mar 13, 2007 at 06:27:35PM +0100, Matthias Schniedermeyer wrote:
> So for my case if would be great if i could instruct the destination
> rsync, of the A -> B stage, to write the batch-file.

If you ssh into the B system and run the rsync command there, you can
write the batch on the destination system that way.  If you can't ssh
back into A to make the copy, you could check into ssh's port-forwarding
options, and use a temporary rsync daemon on A for B to access.

I don't plan to make the server able to output the batch file -- I think
it's best that the client does that.