Problem in --backup-dir option

Matt McCutchen hashproduct+rsync at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 19:44:40 GMT 2007

On 6/7/07, Chandra Prabha <cpr at baba9.com> wrote:
> So what ever directory i am giving, it is created in the original
> destination path and my backup file is
> kept there. How to create backup files outside transfer area?

Specify a backup dir outside the destination area using a --backup-dir
path that is absolute or begins with ../ .  This should work unless
the destination is the root of a module of an rsync daemon.  If this
is the case, you're out of luck, and you should keep the backup dir
inside the destination and use --exclude .

Matt