Problem in --backup-dir option

Chandra Prabha cpr at baba9.com
Thu Jun 7 10:48:25 GMT 2007

Hi,
Thanks for your help.
"--exclude" option is working fine.

But as you told, how to create backup dir outside transfer directory.
I am new to rsync. But as far as i studied, backup can be taken in the
destination dir.
So what ever directory i am giving, it is created in the original
destination path and my backup file is
kept there. How to create backup files outside transfer area?

At 07:40 06.06.07, Wayne Davison wrote:
>On Tue, Jun 05, 2007 at 12:41:44PM +0530, Chandra Prabha wrote:
> > Backup is taking for the old back up files also.
> > So i am getting directories inside directories in a loop.
>
>You should put the backup directory outside of your transfer area or
>specify an --exclude=MATCH that excludes it from the transfer.
>
>..wayne..

Regards,
Chandra Prabha.A