rsync bug?? (rsync fails when -C is used).

Matt McCutchen hashproduct+rsync at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 02:11:39 GMT 2007

On 7/20/07, Paul Cui <ycui1 at bloomberg.com> wrote:
> [sender] add_rule(:C .cvsignore)
> ERROR: out of memory in add_rule [sender]

So the problem is happening on the very first call to add_rule.
That's very bizarre.  Since I can't reproduce the problem on my
computer, I can't do anything more on my side to investigate it;
sorry.  If you want to get to the root of the problem, I suggest that
you add some debug output ( rprintf(FINFO, "blah...\n"); ) to the
remote rsync.  A good first step would be to determine which of the
several out_of_memory("add_rule") calls in add_rule is being
triggered.

Matt