Rsync Schedule

Stuart Halliday StuartH at ecs-tech.com
Thu Jul 19 12:49:36 GMT 2007

> On 7/18/2007, Chuck Wolber (chuckw at quantumlinux.com) wrote:
> > In linux, you delete files with the "rm" command...
>
> OT follow-up...
>
> Is there an alternate way to remove an entire directory *without*
> traversing the directory itself?

I just use rmdir under Windows.

Also Windows users can use :

FORFILES [/P pathname] [/M searchmask] [/S]
         [/C command] [/D [+ | -] {dd/MM/yyyy | dd}]

    Selects a file (or set of files) and executes a
    command on that file. This is helpful for batch jobs.

for example:

set drive=E:\
forfiles /p %drive%:\  /m * /D -30 /C "cmd /c if @isdir==TRUE ECHO @PATH>>
C:\list.tmp"

This lists directories over 30 days old into a file.

I make the script delete the old directories and it loops until there is
no old directories left.

This email is the property of ECS Technology Ltd.
This company is registered in Scotland with company number 212513.
VAT registered GB 761 7456 12
http://www.ecs-tech.com/