rsync replacement

Matt McCutchen hashproduct+rsync at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 18:50:25 GMT 2007

On 7/17/07, Jamie Lokier <jamie at shareable.org> wrote:
> I am in fact working towards such a program, though not with
> proprietary congestion control. :-)  It's currently in the form of a
> distributed database of 650 devices, which I aim to scale up to
> internet numbers, and I'm very interested in distributed delta techniques.

I would be interested in more information about this program.  What
exactly do you mean by "distributed delta techniques"?  Do you mean
techniques for efficiently reconstructing a set of files given access
to multiple servers holding files similar to the ones you want?  That
would be something like BitTorrent plus fancier delta transmission.

Matt