Beginner needs a guide

Stuart Halliday StuartH at ecs-tech.com
Fri Jul 13 09:28:11 GMT 2007

Hi,
I'm trying to get rsync to use a list of directories and their contents to
to another drive on a Windows XP machine.

I tried the command

rsync -rDPt --delete
--include-from=c:\include_list.txt
--exclude-from=c:\exclude_list.txt
/cygdrive/d/source/ /cygdrive/e/backup

But the trouble is that no matter what I put in the include_list file it
always copies everything in source. I even tried having an empty
include_list file and it still copied everything across!

Can someone tell me the logic behind this and how to get it to work?

I couldn't find any examples of how to do this online.

Sorry for being such a 'Windows' wimp. ;-)

--
Stuart Halliday

This email is the property of ECS Technology Ltd.
This company is registered in Scotland with company number 212513.
VAT registered GB 761 7456 12
http://www.ecs-tech.com/