using rsync 3.0.0 CVS version

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Sat Jan 27 16:37:30 GMT 2007

On Sun, Jan 21, 2007 at 08:43:56AM +0200, Shai wrote:
> When I start the rsync, either with the rsync protocol or rsh, i found
> that it'll start doing the rsync and just halt after a few hundred MBs
> or even up to a couple GBs.

I had not encountered this hang until today.  The backtrace implicated
a problem in the wait_for_receiver() routine, and I figured out that
every now and then the io_flush() call could end up reading the last
available message from the receiver, giving the read_msg_fd() call
nothing to read (causing a deadlock).

I checked in a fix for this and released a new "nightly" tar file.
Thanks for your help in testing rsync!