CVS rsync hangs during local copy

Matt McCutchen hashproduct+rsync at gmail.com
Sun Jan 21 00:24:39 GMT 2007

On 1/20/07, Wayne Davison <wayned at samba.org> wrote:
> Attached is the current fix that I checked in to CVS.  Thanks!

Whatever you changed fixed the hanging for my original command.
However, I am still getting hanging with the command below, which is a
modified version of the command I use via rsnapshot to back up my
computer.  Here an external hard disk with a relatively slow USB 1
connection is mounted at /mnt/external-disk , and the current
directory is /mnt/external-disk/rsync-test .

rm -rf dest rsync-incremental* && strace -ff -o
rsync-incremental.strace ~/rsync/rsync/rsync -axxx --del --numeric-ids
--delete-excluded --relative --progress --filter=P_/home/
--filter=P_/mnt/Matt-common/ --exclude=media/external-disk/snapshots
--link-dest=/media/external-disk/snapshots/occasional.0/mattlaptop/
/home/matt/rsync/ dest/ 2>&1 | tee rsync-incremental.log

The new log and straces are at:
http://www.kepreon.com/~matt/private/rsync-hanging/

Matt