feature request, hardlink progress......

George Georgalis george at galis.org
Sun Jan 14 03:25:42 GMT 2007

I'm copying a partition that has a bunch of hardlink
based snapshots (-aPH).  I think there's about
250,000 files in each backup and between 100 and 200
snapshots.

Earlier today, I saw the files had completed and it
was making all the hardlinks. I thought it would be
"not long" but it's been making hardlinks for 12
hours (at least).

There's only 36Gb in snapshot, the data didn't take
too long. but now there's no progress indicator and
??? hours left.  Would it be straightforward to
include progress when creating hardlinks?

// George