Incremental file-list recursion has landed in CVS

Matt McCutchen hashproduct+rsync at gmail.com
Thu Jan 11 22:22:55 GMT 2007

On 12/28/06, Wayne Davison <wayned at samba.org> wrote:
> For those that like to assist in the testing of rsync, the CVS version
> now defaults to doing an incremental file-list scan when it is recursing
> through the directories.  [...]

- Would you care to explain how the scan works, or should I read the
source code?  Specifically, I'm curious about what areas under the
source argument(s) are scanned at what time.  Also, does the
incremental scan rule out "file has vanished" warnings?

- I would recommend renaming incremental -> flist_incremental so
people don't confuse it with !whole_file .

Matt