rsync - 2.6.8 ( broken pipe )

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Tue Jan 9 18:48:43 GMT 2007

On Tue, Jan 09, 2007 at 04:31:50PM +0530, Lakshminarayanan RadhaKrishnan wrote:
> There is no other message except the following in other side of the node.
>
> 2007/01/09 06:30:18 [734] rsyncd version 2.6.8 starting, listening on port 873

I'm talking about the other end of the transfer.  You're quoting log
lines from the daemon side, which just indicates that the connection
closed.  The other end of the transfer may have output a reason that it
needed to die.  If it outputs no errors at all, it probably crashed, and
you'll need to debug that.