when is the log file written ?

Jens Helweg helweg at gmx.de
Mon Jan 8 13:37:43 GMT 2007

Hello,
I have searched the rsync pages and google but were not able to find any
information about when the log files are written.
Is this done in between the process of transfering the files or will the
log file be written after all files have been transfererd ?

What I basically try to find an answer to is: Is it possible that there
is a difference in what has been transfered and what was written to the
log ? E.g. when rsync gets killed (or dies) in the middle of the process ?

Jens