Help with rsync configuration

Vinicius Carvalho java.vinicius at gmail.com
Fri Jan 5 17:33:34 GMT 2007

Thanks :) I've just tested without the ssh (all machines are inside a
DMZ) and it worked, not as expected but did ;)

As I was saying we would like to have a mirror right, well what i did
was start the daemon on 2 machines, and then have a cron script to run
the rsync -avz ... command
it almost worked fine. Here's the simple teste I did

1) started rsync daemon on node A & B
2) touched a file on node A
3) node B after running the cron script got the file from node A
4) touched a file on node B
5) node A after runnnin cron scropt got the file from node B
6)modified the file on node A (the one from node B)
7)node A ran the script before node B, so it got the version from B
(which was older then the one on A)

I'm sorry about the bad example/english :( But I hope I could be a
little clear on my problem.
Any ideas?

Best regards

On 1/5/07, Ilya Vishnyakov <ilya at edpausa.com> wrote:

--
IBM Certified SOA Solution Designer
IBM Database Associate - DB2 UDB V8.1 Family