Number of files to be transferred?

Eric Busto EBusto at nvidia.com
Thu Feb 22 20:51:30 GMT 2007

Unfortunately, the data I am transferring is many hundreds of gigabytes,
mounted on NFS shares that reside on NetApp filers, and is being
transferred to locations on the other side of the globe.  A dry run can
itself take an hour or more, quite easily.

Since rsync is already doing a pass through the filesystem to determine
what to transfer, it would be cool if there was a way to show how many
files it will transfer during that sync.